Food for the heart…or don’t they call that comfort food? Here is a family favorite dish. My Mom makes it the best and my daughters grew up with this all time favorite casserole. When they were little, about 6 and 8 years old, I went through a divorce and so Brooke and Kenzie used to spend their summers with Grammy and Gramps as I worked. It was a beautiful thing and they grew very close…and they still are. Whenever we go home to Vermont, Mom always makes this casserole, and it always tastes the same. Kenzie can eat a whole batch herself!! Anyway, hope you enjoy this as much as we do!
Million Dollar Spaghetti
7 or 8 ounces of Wagon Wheel (or other) pasta
1 Tbs. butter (I do without)
1 1/2 lbs ground beef (1 lb works fine too)
salt & pepper to taste
(2) 8 oz cans tomato (I use 2/3 of a 26 oz jar spagetti sauce)
8 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup sour cream (if I dont have sour cream I use more cottage cheese)
1/2 lb cottage cheese
1/3 cup scallions (OPTIONAL)
1 Tbs. minced green peppper (its also good without ground pepper)
1 2-quart round or oblong dish
1. cook spaghetti & drain sauted beef in butter until brown.
2. add sauce & pepper & salt.
3. combine cottage cheese, sour cream & cream cheese, ground pepper, add scallions.
4. mix cheese mixture into pasta, spread in cassarole (9×9 square or oblong)
5. Spread tomato meat sauce over top.
6. Bake at 350 degress for 45 min. (or hot & bubbly)
7. Good served with green salad 🙂 & french bread.